1. What nutrients should be considered to be added in BM and why? (3)
2. What are considerations to keep in mind while weaning?
3. What should complementary foods at 6 months be rich in?
4. What should be avoided?
1. Zinc (high in colostrum but low later on), fluoride, vitamin D - should be supplemented
2. Introduce foods one at a time, with rice/cereal/veggies introduced first.
3. Vit A, copper, IRON, zinc, B1, B3, and should be diverse to provide new taste/sensory experiences
4. Popcorn, juice, honey, grapes, hard candy, gum, hot dog pieces, etc.