Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Detection limit vs quantification limit
- Detection limit: S/N ≥ 3 (signal 3x greater than noise)
- AKA 3xStdev
- Quantification limit: S/N ≥ 10
- AKA 10xStdev
Spike recovery equation
When do you need to spike a sample?
To negate the matrix effect of an unknown
3 calibration methods w/ expl
- Linear calibration curve: using external stds
- Method of std addition: spiking, analyte and std are identical
- Internal std: spike a similar but not identical analyte compound
How to graph/use internal std
- [analyte]/[std] (x axis) vs Ranalye/Rstd (y axis)
- Normalizes variation between readings of an instrument
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview