Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
What are the 3 types of teeth horses have?
How many incisors do horses have?
How many canines do horses have?
- 4 canines
- only in geldings and stallions
How many molars do horses have?
How many premolars do horses have?
How does the Galvayne's groove help determine age?
- first appears at the gum line in the middle of the upper incisors and appears as a dark line when a horse is 10 years old
- each year it extends down a little more until age 20
- when horse turns 20, it begins disappearing from top to bottom until horse is 30
How do you know a horse is 3?
center incisors are permanent
How do you know a horse is 5?
all incisors are permanent
How do you know a horse is 9?
- all incisors permanent
- teeth have dental stars and a triangular table
- top center incisors lose dental cups
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview