Chapter 9 cellular resperation
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
a simple sugar that is metabolized by nearly all known organisms.
relating to, involving, or requiring free oxygen
relating to, involving, or requiring an absence of free oxygen
glucose metabolism equation
C6H12O6 + 6 O2 --> 6 CO2 + 6 H20
C6H12O6 + 2 ADP + 2 [P]i + 2 NAD+ --> 2 pyruvate + 2 ATP + 2 NADH
of, relating to, or producing sugar.
the disintegration of a cell by rupture of the cell wall or membrane.
Inputs of glycolysis
- 2 ATP
- 2 NAD+
- 4ADP + P
products of glycosis
- 2 pyruvates
- 4 ATP (2 net)
- 2 NADH + H+
- 2 H20
- Cellular respiration is the process by which the chemical energy of "food" molecules is released and partially captured
- in the form of ATP.
Electron Transport system
- An electron transport chain couples electron transfer between an
- electron donor and an electron acceptor with the transfer of H+ ions
- across a membrane
lactic acid fermentation
- Lactic acid fermentation is a biological process by which glucose,
- fructose, and sucrose are converted into cellular energy and the
- metabolite lactate
Chemiosmosis is the movement of ions across a selectively permeable membrane, down their electrochemical gradien
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview