Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
Lorenzo - crispy Grana Padano, romaine heart, cracked black pepper, Caesar vinaigrette $13
Beets & Gorgonzola - arugula, hazelnuts $14
- It's made with:
- baby arugula & frisee,
- roasted hazelnuts,
- large red beets and
- Gorgonzola Dolce.
- The beets are slowly steam roasted in our oven in water, red vinegar, thyme and bay leaf, then covered, and left to cool. Then they are peeled, cut into wedges and dressed up with a blood orange reduction vinaigrette containing parsley, thyme and oregano.
- The dressing’s oil has been emulsified by the vinegar.
- The hazelnuts are whole roasted in the oven, and then barely cracked.
- The beets and hazelnuts are served over the greens with Gorgonzola Dolce, Primolio olive oil and balsamico, then topped with ground Sicilian sea salt.
- Note: Baby arugula is a bit milder than regular arugula, which has peppery flavor. This baby arugula comes from the Swank Farm here, in Florida.
- Frisee is a bitter, stringy green.
- Gorgonzola is a blue DOP protected cheese. Dolce (or sweet) is the milder of two kinds of Gorgonzola, the other being Gorgonzola Piccante (spicy). The Dolce is made from cows’ milk from the Alps.
Kale - soft cooked natural egg, garlic breadcrumbs, anchovy vinaigrette $14
The mixed Kale (red, Tuscan and flowering) is tossed with shaved Parmigiano Reggiano, Zack's multi-grain bread crumbs fried with garlic and an anchovy vinaigrette (egg yolk, garlic, anchovies, Parmigiano and red wine.). It's topped with a split soft-cooked (6') egg
Caprese - heirloom tomatoes, mozzarella di bufala, basil, Sicilian sea salt, olive oil $15
- The heirloom tomatoes are sliced and marinated in EVOO, lemon juice & zest.
- The mozzarella di bufala is sliced and topped with the San Marzano marinated tomatoes.
- These plum tomatoes have been peeled in boiling water, marinated in salty water with sugar (for dehydration), and then cured in EVOO.
- The dish is dressed with tomatoes water, basil-infused Primolio EV Olive Oil and Sicilian sea salt.
- Note: Tomatoes water is dripped out of salted tomatoes wrapped in a cheese cloth and chilled overnight.
Cristina - shrimp, orange suprêmes, olives, frisée, spinach, avocado, smoked garlic, lemon, hearts of palm $16
- Named after a cherished previous GM at the Terzo Piano restaurant, in Chicago. It contains:
- rock shrimps,
- orange suprêmes,
- Taggiasca (Liguria) EVOO-cured olives,
- baby spinach,
- sliced avocado and
- shaved hearts of palm.
- Dressed with a smoked garlic vinaigrette (smoked garlic, egg yolks, lemon juice, sherry vinegar, shaved Parmigiano Reggiano, Primolio EV Olive Oil, S&P).