The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Determining the specific weapon required to achieve the mission
JTAC must know location of friendlies that could be affected.
Prescribing the right amount of damage to the intended target reducing exposure of warfighters to enemy, minimizing collateral damage.
3 OPERATIONAL IMPERATIVES
- FORCE PRO
- COLLATERAL DAMAGE
FIRST AND FOREMOST
SECOND ONLY TO MISSION
TERTIARY CONCERN, NOT OPTIONAL
6 WEAPONS EFFECTS
- EJECTA / DEBRIS
- THERMAL EFFECTS
overpressure generated by detonation of high explosive
break up of the weapon casing
considered as a lethal weapon effect for collateral personnel
- achieved by using a bomb with delayed fuzing
- effective against lines of communication
- SHAPED CHARGE PENETRATORS
- KINETIC ENERGY PENETRATORS
KINETIC ENERGY PENETRATORS
bullet like effect
Lack of visible damage to target
Incendiary weapons produce intense localized heat designed to ignite targets
Delivery parallel to friendly positions is preferred.
CIRCULAR ERROR PROBABLE
The radius defining a circle within which 50% of weapons delivered are expected to fail.
CEP is associated with:
- Weapon Guidance system for PGM's
- Aircraft platform for GP bombs
- Delivery System for IDF
JTAC Considerations: (Think Line 5 of 9Line)
- Desired Effects (GFC's Intent)
- Degree of Pro
- Moving or Stationary
- Friendlies /Collateral Concerns (Danger Close)
Risk Estimate Distance (RED's)
COMBAT USE ONLY
TROOPS IN CONTACT (TIC)
Friendly ground forces receiving effective fire
- Ordnance delivery inside 0.1% PI
- JTAC must Pass GFC's initials to attack A/C
0.1% PROBABILITY OF INCAPACITATION
COMBAT USE ONLY!!
MINIMUM SAFE DISTANCE
JFIRE MSD intended for TRAINING missions at air to surface ranges.