Study for secondary:history
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Name two type of sources and explain the difference between them.
Primary and secondary source. A primary source is a source direct from the time the event happened and a secondary source is a source long after the event
What is the difference between history and prehistory.
Prehistoric period was before writing was used and the historic period was when writing was used.
Give 3 examples of primary sources.
- you we're correct if you said interviews, diaries, letters,emails,speeches,goverment records,autobiography,photographs,paintings,
- newspapers,magazines or artefacts.
give 3 examples of secondary sources.
You are correct if you said T.V./radio documentaries,movies,biographies,internet or history books.
List how archaeologists prepare for a dig.
- Geophysical survey.
- test trenches.
- aerial photographs.
Explain how archaeologists prepare for the dig of the excavation.
- scrape away layers of the earth with a trowel.
- hand pick is used for loosening the soil.
- use brushes/toothbrushes to make sure they don't ruin artefact.
- put soil through sieve.
- take a photograph.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview