Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- has metabolic and regulatory functions
- 2nd largest organ in the body (3-4lbs)
- occupies the right quadrant under the diaphragm
- lies almost entirely within the rib cage which offers it some protection
- Lobes: right, left, caudate, quadrate
- sack-like organ on inferior/posterior surface of liver
- stores/concentrates bile which drains into the duodenum via the common bile duct
- soft, lobulated, glandular organ
- exocrine and endocrine function
- -islets of langerhans
- -control of blood glucose levels
- -insulin (high blood glucose levels)
- -Glucagon (low blood glucose levels)
- Pancreatic juice into duodenum: assists in digestion of triglycerides
Pancreatic Islets (Islets of Langerhans)
secrete hormones and acini secrete a mixture of fluid and digestive enzymes called pancreatic juice.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview