The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
fix or rotary wing aircraft against hostile targets in close proximity to friendly forces that requires detailed integration of fire and maneuver
CAS EXECUTION TEMPLATE:
- 1. ROUTING / SAFETY OF FLIGHT
- 2. CAS AIRCRAFT CHECK-IN
- 3. SITUATION UPDATE
- 4. GAME PLAN
- 5. CAS BRIEF
- 6. REMARKS / RESTRICTIONS
- 7. READBACKS
- 8. CORRELATION
- 9. ATTACK
- 10. ASSESS EFFECTS
- 11. BDA
- 12. ROUTING / SAFETY OF FLIGHT
- Be prepared to authenticate, if challenged.
- #, type, position & altitude.
- Threats or hazards that may affect A/C
- Where to go and how to get there?
- What Altitude block are they assigned?
- How do you want them to hold at the HA?
- Are there other aircraft in the airspace?
- Any other Safety of Flight Information?
ROUTING AND HOLDING (Step 1)
Give holding instructions and altitude blocks
Altitude separation minimum
What is the only readback to aircraft in the aircraft check in?
Situation Update (Step 3): TEFACHR
Use only applicable information! If does not apply don't say it.
(GAME PLAN) T M O I (STEP 4):
- Type of Control
- Method of Attack
- Interval (Time separation in seconds)
T E F A C H R
- THREATS: To AIRCRAFT
- ENEMY: GENERAL ENEMY SITUATION
- FRIENDLY SITUATION / CMDR INTENT
- ARTILLERY (IDF) ACTIVITY
- CLEARANCE AUTHORITY: JTAC / GFC
- HAZARDS: TERRAIN, WEATHER, ENVIRONMENTAL
- RESTRICTIONS / REMARKS: ROE
FIXED WING IP (INITIAL POINT):
5-15NM FROM TARGET AREA
1-5km FROM TARGET AREA
HEADING (Line 2):
- FIXED WING: DEG MAG FROM IP TO TGT
- RW: DEG MAG FRO BP TO TGT
DISTANCE (line 3):
- FIXED WING: Nautical miles (nm) straight line from IP to TGT, given to nearest 10th.
- ROTARY WING: Meters to the nearest 100 straight line from BP to TGT
Use in Heading (line 2), specified as Left or Right
CAS AIRCRAFT CHECK IN (STEP 2)
Fighter check in
TARGET ELEVATION (LINE 4):
FEET MSL TO THE NEAREST FOOT
TARGET DESCRIPTION (LINE 5):
- DEGREE OF PROTECTION
TARGET LOCATION (LINE 6)
- 6 DIGIT GRID W/100,000 SQ IDENTIFIER
- if close to primary talk on
- if far give additional 4,5, 6 info in remarks
TYPE MARK (LINE 7)
- IF NO MARK STATE "NONE"
- IF LASER PROVIDE 4 DIGIT LASER CODE
FRIENDLIES (LINE 8)
- ALWAYS THE NEAREST FRIENDLY (NOT NECESSARILY THE JTAC)
- REFERENCED FROM THE TGT
- CARDINAL DIRECTIONS IN METER
EGRESS (LINE 9):
Always think pilot safety and set up for next target!
- ALWAYS SAY EGRESS
- (NOTE: WRITE DOWN EGRESS AND DIRECTION ON LINE 9)
- PILOT MAY PROMPT FOR REMARKS OR GIVE READBACK.
- LINES 4 AND 6 AND ANY ITEMS REQUESTED BY THE JTAC IS MANDATORY!!
REMARKS IF APPLICABLE:
- Additional tgt information 4,5 & 6 mandatory
- Laser tgt line
- Pointer tgt line
- threat location and type suppression
- Hazards to aviation (power lines, obstructions)
- Weather Data
- Night Vision capability
- Final Attack Heading
- ACA: Formal/Informal (assigned blocks)
- GFC: Ground Force Commanders initial
- TOT: (send only the minutes)
Restrictions if Briefed:
Must be read back by the aircrew
Time on Target (TOT)
Universal time required (ZULU)
- JTAC confirms the attacking A/C has acquired the correct target or mark.
- This can be visual talk-on, pod talk-on, VDL talk on or enhanced target
Bomb on Coordinate:
Talk on is not required
VISUAL TALK ON
- Work big to small
- Use Identifiable terrain features
- known locations
- cardinal directions
POD TALK ON
- Always start with a good 6 digit grid
- describe your target in detail
- do not reference color! (pod cannot see)
- work small to small in one area
- Do Not Talk A/C off the target
VDL TALK ON
- start with good 8 digit grid
- establish a good handshake
- work small to small, stay in one area
- You see what the Pilot is seeing!
- "Request immediate push"
- "Request immediate prosecution"
- "Request TOT 35"(Mandatory Read back for TOT)
- "Report "IN" with direction for clearance" Type1
- "Report "IN" with heading for clearance" Type2
- "Report "IN" w/dir & tally for clearance" Type 1 from IP
Enroute to IP / Control Point
Leaving IP enroute to TGT
POP or UP
low alt / high threat ingress
(w/Heading, w/Direction, Dry)
pimping JTAC for Clearance!
Adjustment of impacts:
- Reference Point
- Cardinal Direction
TACTICAL SHOW OF FORCE TECHNIQUE:
Tactical Show of force is:
non-lethal operation designed to demonstrate friendly forces resolve.