veterinary lymphatic system
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
3 functions of the lymphatic system are
- body defense
- filtration of lymph
- and re circulation of interstitial fluid.
where does lymph come from?
interstitial fluid, which comes from blood
lymph nodes are __________, come in ______, filter _____, and are ________ ____ _______.
encapsulated, pairs, lymph associated with vessels.
the names and locations of the lymph nodes are:
- Mandibular, found under the jaw
- prescapular, found in the chest area
- popliteal, back of leg knee area
- axillary, chest armpit area
- tonsils are in the back of the throat
whats special about the tonsils?
they are not encapsulated.
some lymphatic organs and their purpose?
- spleen, located cranial abdomen, filters blood, a blood reservoir
- thymus, cranial thorax, t.lymphocytes
- Gut Associates Lymphatic Tissue (GALT)
- intestines largest lymphatic system.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview