The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
(anthrax toxin, paeflf)
Disrupts cell signaling, cell migration, and cell death.
- cell binding domain
- Facilitates the entry of either edema factor or lethal factor.
- Edema (swelling)
- Calmodulin-dependent adenylate cyclase
- ; increases cAmp in target cells. This results in localized edema.
- Pulmonary edema; anti-phagocytic
- Zinc-dependent protease that cleaves a host signal transduction molecule.
Bordetella pertussis (apt)
Adelylate cyclase toxin
- Antiphagocytic, inhibits and kills leukocytes.
- Calmodulin-activated adenylate cyclase causes an increase in target cell cAmp levels and a decrease in atp production. This modifies cell function, resulting in the death of the cell.
- Many hormonal effects
- Adp ribosylation of signal transducing G protein blocks signal transduction.
- Kills cilia-bearing cells.
- Adp ribosylation of signal transducing G proteins, blocks signal transduction.
- Flaccid paralysis
- Cleavage of neuromuscular presynaptic proteins blocks presynaptic junctions. This results in the decreased release of acetylcholine.
- Hemorrhagic diarrhea
- Acts at the membrane.
Cells lose filaments
- Necrosis in gas gangrene; cytolytic; lethal
- Phospholipase c
- Necrotic enteritis
- Food poisoning; diarrhea
- Cytotoxin; damages membranes.
- spastic (rigid) paralysis
- cleavage of synaptobrevin prevents the release of gamma-aminobutyric acid and glycine from the synapses of inhibitory neurons.