Unit 1: Safety
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
List the personnel characteristics that cause a person to perform an unsafe act or to overlook or tolerate an unsafe condition.
What should be accomplished after every maintenance action?
Area should be policed and left in a clean, orderly condition. Tools and equipment must be accounted for and stored.
Failure to clean up drips and spills can cause what dangers?
Slips and falls
List the principles of Risk Management (RM).
- accept no unnecessary risk
- make risk decisions at the appropriate level
- integrate RM into operations, activities, and planning at all levels
- apply the process cyclically and continuously
What's considered to be the direct cause of many accidents?
Unsafe acts and conditions
What is defined as rough or boisterous play, and is a major cause of accidents?
What type of protective clothing do you wear while working around hot exhaust or tailpipes?
Gloves and long-sleeved shirts
What position do you assume to lift an object from a level lower than your waist?
Why must supervisors be given formal safety training?
- They must have a knowledge of accident prevention to determine and eliminate hazards
- To train personnel in OJT safety
Name the two most frequent methods used in job safety training.
Personnel interviews and 5 minute "stand-up" talks
When should you replace cracked or broken tools?
What methods can you follow to prevent fires in maintenance areas?
- Don't accumulate oily rags
- Obey signs in no smoking areas
- Never deposit cig buts or matches in trash
- Never allow clothing to become saturated with flammables
- Don't store flammables in open containers
What characteristics constitute a hazardous chemical?
- Water Reactive
What should you do if your clothes become splashed or sprayed with chemicals?
Leave the area immediately and remove them
What info does MSDS provide you?
- Explanation of the date of the chemicals
- PPE recommended by the manufacturer
What info must be included on hazardous waste labels?
Type of waste and the "accumulation start" entries
What must be considered to make a sealant effective?
Correct sealant selected and applied correctly
Sealants are packaged and available in what general U/I's?
- Two part can kit (KT)
- Premixed and frozen (OZ)
- Semkit cartridge (CA)
What TOs cover sealants, solvents, and adhesives?
- 41A3-1-2 General use of cements, sealants, and coatings
- 1-1-691 ACFT weapons systems - cleaning and corrosion control
What is the sealant application life?
Length of time a mixed sealing compound remains usable at 77*F and 50% humidity
What is the purpose of solvents?
Dissolve oily and greasy soils so they can be easily wiped away or absorbed on a cloth
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview