Gel Nail 101
Card Set Information
Gel Nail 101
Simple Nails Flashcards
Is a low level of disinfecting. Some mice-organisms are destroyed. Soap & water used.
Is an effective was to destroy most micro organisms but not bacterial spores. Chemicals are used like a antiseptic spray or wash.
Least practical. Kills all living organisms on surface like bacteria, viruses & bacterial spores. This is achieved by high pressure moist heat (steam pressure or boiling water).
Explain the term "universal precaustions
Treat all blood & fluids as contaminated whether they are or not.
How to get rid of Vapours in work area
1. Make sure all lids on products are tight or something heavy to cover the lid.
2. Cover wast basket & empty often
3. use disposable wipes for brushes
How to get rid of dust
use an ionizer
disposable mask (painter or surgical) blocks the fine mist.
desk vent-charcoal filter is used in vent
How to get rid of mist
a filtered mask
exhaust system to catch the mist & take away the contaminants away from work area.
use disposable towels to wife work surface.
What is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome? And what precautions can you be taken to avoid the condition.
CTS is when nerves & tendons in hands are over stressed.
To avoid the condition:
1. keep nails a length so that you can still for a fist.
2. frequent breaks
3. Sit with neck straight & head centered over spin. Keep the natural cure to the spine.
4. feet flat on floor.
5. good light.
6. wrist straight-table @ a good height
7.clients hands should be in a position so your not reaching.
8.consider a nail machine.