Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
3 spheres of health promotion
- Prevention (1, 2, 3 and primordial)
- Protection (ex policy)
- Education (good decisions and behavior)
Being an agent of change: Explain the Tri-power model
Knowledge, policy, social
- (circling around this are:
- individual and organization capability, social innovations, community empowerment, supportive environments, communication for mobilization )
In the framework what are the social mobilization components?
what are the catalysts, mobilizers, mobilized
social mobilization components: policy advocacy, community mobilizations, social marketing, behavior change, commmunication
catalysts mobilizers mobilized: national gov enable context, community enabling enviro, family, individual behavior change
what is important about knowledge mobilization?
getting the right info to the right people in the right format at the right time so as to influence decision making
Why don't people do the "right" thing?
- Ex from environmental sustainability (littering)
- -people don't know about the alternative behavior or activity or its benefits
- -people know about it, but think there are too many barriers
- -people think their current behavior is more beneficial than the alternative
- -people may not believe or trust the person providing the alternative
What does the chart have that helps inform changes in behavior?
- columns: old behavior, new behavior, competing behavior
- rows: perceived benefits, perceived risk
keeps things healthy before they develop functional changes that lead to disease
why is primary prevention hard to do?