The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Describe the Cotton-Myer grading system
- Useful for mature, firm, circumferential stenosis confined to the subglottis.
- grade I: <50% obstruction
- grade II: 51% to 70%
- grade III: 71% to 99%
- grade IV: no detectable lumen
Compare the location of an infants cricoid to that of an adult.
- The infant larynx is higher in the neck than the adult larynx.
- In an infant, the cricoid ispositioned at about the fourth cervical vertebrae.
- The adult cricoid rests at aboout the level of the sixth cervical vertebrae.
Idiopathic subglottic stenosis occurs almost exclusively in which group?