- Brushing and combing hair are part fo early morning care, morning care, and afternoon care. They also
are done whenever needed.
- Never cut matted or tangled hair.
- when brushing and combing hair, start at teh scalp. Then brush or comb to the hair ends. To brush or
comb through matted or tangled hair or cut hair for any other reason.
- Comb or brush through to the hair ends.
- Working up to the scalp, add small sections of hair.
- Use a wide-toothed comb for curly hair. Start at the neckline. Working upward, lift and fluff hair
- - Shampoing is usually done weekly on the person's bath or shower day.
- - Water temperature is usually 105
- - Support the back of the head with one hand as you shampoo with the back. They lean forward and
- hold a washcloth over the eyes. Support the forehead with one hand as you shampoo with the other.
- Make sure the person can breathe easily.
- - If a medicated shampoo or conditioner is used, returnm it to the nurse.