Urinary System Histology
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The kidney is an endocrine gland that releases what 2 hormones? What do these hormones do?
- 1. Erythropoeicin: RBC development
- 2. Renin : Raises blood pressure
Glomerular Basement Membrane has 5 characteristics (MILFS):
- 1. Molecular Sieve (thick, 300-350 nm, net-like type 4 collagen,keeps out proteins 70k Daltons or 3.6 nm
- 2. Ionic Barrier (negatively charged bottle brush GAGs with heparin sulfate+ glycoproteins)
- 3. Laminins
- 4. Four (Type 4 collagen)
- 5. Siaglycoproteins
How are the laminins organized in the GBM?
MAke a lamina densa sandwhich. densa is in the middle. Rarae is on each side and has negatively charged heparin sulfate. Siaglycoproteins are the glue that holds rarae's to densa.
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview