Urinary System Histology
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The kidney is an endocrine gland that releases what 2 hormones? What do these hormones do?
- 1. Erythropoeicin: RBC development
- 2. Renin : Raises blood pressure
Glomerular Basement Membrane has 5 characteristics (MILFS):
- 1. Molecular Sieve (thick, 300-350 nm, net-like type 4 collagen,keeps out proteins 70k Daltons or 3.6 nm
- 2. Ionic Barrier (negatively charged bottle brush GAGs with heparin sulfate+ glycoproteins)
- 3. Laminins
- 4. Four (Type 4 collagen)
- 5. Siaglycoproteins
How are the laminins organized in the GBM?
MAke a lamina densa sandwhich. densa is in the middle. Rarae is on each side and has negatively charged heparin sulfate. Siaglycoproteins are the glue that holds rarae's to densa.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview