The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Architect Registration Exam
National Council of Architectural Registration Boards
NCARB Core Values
- LATICELeadership, Accountability, Transparency, Integrity, Collaboration, Excellence
The actual issuance and maintenance of an architectural license. (Registration)
Purpose of ARE
Assesses candidates for knowledge, skills, and ability to provide various services in the field of architecture.
Who accepts the ARE?
54 US member boards and Canadian provinces
Protects the public health, safety and welfare through the development of standards for licensure.
Test center administration consultants
Builds, maintains and improves testing programs.
International Code Council - A collaborative association that develops standard codes used in the design and build process focused on constructing safe, sustainable, affordable and resilient structures and communities.
Specific Codes and purposes
International Building Code (IBC) -
International Mechanical Code (IMC) -
International Plumbing Code (IPC) -
International Residential Code (IRC) -
US Department of Justice
- 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design
- Federal Law
- Used for federally funded projects
- American National Standards Institute
- A117.1: Accessible and usable building standards
- Made applicable by the building code
- Use for non-federally funded projects
- National Fire Protection Association
- 101 Life Safety Code
- 70 National Electrical Code
- American Concrete Institute
- 318-08: Building code requirements for structural concrete
- American Institute of Architects
- B141: Standard form of agreement between owner and architect
A201: General conditions of the contract for construction
- American Institute of Steel Construction
- 360-05: Specification for structural steel buildings
- 340-05: Seismic provisions for structural steel buildings
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- 7-05: Minimum design loads for buildings and other structures.
American Society for Testing and Materials