The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
types of rhetorical devices and their appeals
opening that grabs the readers attention
clear and straightforward statement
a restatement of argument made by other side
writer's arguments against the opposing viewpoints
reasoning behind argument
closing of statement/ final plea for action
summary/ call to action
Facts and Figures:
- Bandwagon: advertisers make it seem like everyone is buying it.
- Avant-garde: Reverse of Bandwagon/ makes it seem like its new and make u feel like you'd be the first to have it
- testimonials:use celebrities or regular people to endorse the product.
- Plain Folks:they use regular people to say how good the product is.
- Facts and Figures: statistics, percentages, and numbers are used to convince you to buy a product.
- Transfer: "There will always be a party if you buy this/ join the beautiful people"
- Loaded Words: describing words that appeals to emotions and desires. "beautiful, luxurious, popular, chic, free"