ATK Foolproof Double Crust Pie Dough
- -2 1/2c (12.5oz) AP Flour + Dusting
- -2 TBSP Sugar
- -1 TBSP Salt
- -1 1/2 Sticks Butter cut into 1/4in pieces and chilled
- -1/2c Veg Shortening cut into 4 pieces and chilled
- -1/4c Vodka chilled
- -1/4c Ice Water
- -Process the Flour sugar and salt in processor then scatter the butter and shortening in and process till no flour bits remain and mix is clumpy.
- - Scrape bowl and sprinkle 1c flour over mix and give 4-6 pulses till distributed.
- -Transfer to medium bowl and sprinkle water and vodka over mix, stir and press with spatula till dough sticks together.
- -Divide dough in two and flatten into 4in disk.
- -Refrigerate for 1hr in plastic, thaw 10min before rolling.