Chapter 9 For Unit 2
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The "Father of the Constitution"
Shay's Rebellion convinced many Americans of the need for...
A strong central government
A body of people representing the states of the US, who formally cast votes for the election of the president and vice president.
By their actions, the
delegates to the Constitutional Convention manifested their common beliefs in...
- checks +
- balances in gov, manhood suffrage in democracy, sanctity of private property,
- stroger central gov
The one brance of the gov elected directly by
the people is the...
The antifeds camp included
- right supporters, backcountry dwellers, paper money advocates, debtors
Amoung the other views, the
Federalist, written during the rev debate, argued that it was...
- to extend a republican form of gov over a large territory
The Ordinances of 1785 and
1787 were notable accomplishments because they
- Initiated a territorial policy that provided fore the orderly
- creation of new states.
The founding fathers failed to eliminate
a fight over slavery might destroy national unity
Major weaknesses of Articles of Confederation
- No executive power
- No national court systemNo power to tax
- No power to regulate interstate trade
- Shared power to coin money with the states
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview