Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
WHAT IS READY?
THE ABILITY TO ACCOMPLISH ASSIGNED TASKS OR MISSIONS THROUGH RESILIENCE, INDIVIDUAL AND COLLECTIVE TEAM TRAINING, AND LEADERSHIP.
WHAT IS RESILIENT?
THE MENTAL, PHYSICAL, EMOTIONAL, AND BEHAVIORAL ABILITY TO FACE AND COPE ADVERSITY, ADAPT TO CHANGE, RECOVER, LEARN AND GROW FROM SETBACKS.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
- -A HEALTHY MIND AND BODY ARE ESSENTIAL TO INDIVIDUAL AND UNIT READINESS.
- -RESILIENCE COMBINES MENTAL, EMOTIONAL AND PHYSICAL SKILLS TO GENERATE OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE(I.E. READINESS)/IN COMBAT, HEALING AFTER INJURY, AND IN MANAGING WORK AND HOME LIFE.
- -RESILIENT INDIVIDUALS ARE BETTER ABLE TO BOUNCE BACK AND OVER COME ADVERSITY BY LEVERAGING MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL SKILLS ABE BEHAVIOR BY SEEKING OUT TRAINING.
- -INDIVIDUAL RESILIENCE CAN BE BUILT, MAINTAINED AND STRENGTHENED WHEN VIEWED AS AN ENDURING CONCEPT AND ACQUIRED THROUGH REGULAR TRAINING.
SPECIFICALLY, READY AND RESILIENT WILL...
- -Integrate resilience training as a key part of the Army's professional military education throughout a Soldier's career from induction through separation or retirement.
- -Synchronize and integrate key Army programs to reduce or eliminate suicide and suicidal ideations; sexual harassment and sexual assault; bullying and hazing; substance abuse; domestic violence; and any stigma or barriers associated with seeking help.
- -Develop improved methods to provide Leaders and Commanders timely and accurate information and metrics to aid them in better identifying "at risk" and "high-risk" Soldiers, enabling early intervention.
- -Continue to improve the Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES) to shorten processing times and improve the services provided to Soldiers and their Families.
AN ARMY SOLDIER...
- -Is a skilled professional who lives by the Soldier's Creed and Army Values
- -Works with strong Army Civilian teammates who embody the same resilient characteristics
- -Is a valued member of the Army Team who treats all with dignity and respect
- -Manages sleep, diet and mind/body conditioning to become stronger and optimize performance
- -Bounces back from adversity to thrive and meet goals and objectives
- -Is self-aware, seeks help when needed and intervenes to help others, treats all with dignity and respect
- -Embraces challenges, solves problems, continuously learns, improves and strengthens
AN ARMY FAMILY...
- -Is an essential member of the Army Team
- -Is able to thrive and remain strong through deployments, reassignments, and adversity
- -Is aware of resources, and willing to seek help for themselves and their Soldier when needed
- -Supports other families, connects with their community and makes positive contributions
AN ARMY CIVILIAN...
- -Is a skilled professional who lives by the Civilian Corps Creed and Army Values
- -Works with strong Army Soldiers to provide stability and continuity during war and peace
- -Is a valued member of the Army Team crucial to support military operations and provide full complement to military occupational specialties
- -Seeks out training and self development opportunities to strengthen readiness and resilience
AN ARMY LEADER...
- -Leads by example, sets and enforces high standards and holds themselves and others accountable
- -Establishes a climate that fosters resilience and trust
- -Knows their team and equips team members with the skills to achieve missions, overcome challenges and grow
- -Teaches, coaches and mentors team members through positive thinking and effective problem solving
AN ARMY UNIT...
- -Is well-led and cohesive, with members proud to be part of the Team
- -Is trained, resourced and equipped to accomplish assigned tasks and quickly adapt to future missions
- -Is comprised of members who provide each other and their families strength and encouragement in all situations and conditions
- -Is stronger and more resilient than the sum of its individual parts
MEDICAL READINESS FOCUS AREAS
- -BEHAVIOR HEALTH
- -POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER
- -TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY
- -WARRIOR TRANSITION UNITS
- -PAIN MANAGEMENT
PERSONNEL READINESS FOCUS AREAS
- -SUICIDE PREVENTION
- -SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROGRAM
- -INTEGRATED DISABILITY EVALUATION SYSTEM
- -SEXUAL HARASSMENT/ASSAULT RESPONSE AND PREVENTION
- -COMPREHENSIVE SOLDIER AND FAMILY FITNESS
- -DEPLOYMENT HEALTH ASSESSMENT PROGRAM
- -ARMY CAREER ALUMNI PROGRAM
- -HERO 2 HIRED
- -SOLDIER FOR LIFE
- -EMPLOYER SUPPORT OF THE GUARD AND RESERVE
- -MILITARY SPOUSE EMPLOYMENT PARTNERSHIP
- -PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS
- -WARRIOR TRANSITION COMMAND
- -EMPLOYER PARTNERSHIP OF THE ARMED FORCES
- - Whole-person Concept: Recognizes an individual’s ability to bounce back from adversity (resilience) as a key component of individual performance and unit readiness
- - Training & Education: Resilience is increased through education and training, from peer-to-peer teamwork, recruitment, during service and at separation
- - Holistic Approach: Better synchronizes and optimizes current readiness and resiliency training and education programs, and creates measures to improve readiness
- - A Stigma-Free Climate: Soldiers Don’t Quit. If we get knocked down, we help each other get back up, dust ourselves off and get back into the fight
WHAT ARE THE 4 KEY CONCEPTS OF THE ARMY PROFESSION
- -TYPOLOGY FOR THE ARMY PROFESSION
- -UNIQUENESS OF THE UNITED STATES ARMY
- -ARMY PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION
- -ARMY LEADER REQUIREMENTS MODEL
WHAT ARE THE 3 C'S OF ARMY PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION?
- -THEIR COMPETENCE IN EXPERT WORK.
- -A MORAL CHARACTER OF HONOR, SACRIFICE AND SERVICE TO ONES OWN AND THE ARMY'S DUTY TO THE NATION.
- -A RESOLUTE COMMITMENT TO THE NATION AND THE ARMY PROFESSION.
WHAT ARE THE 7 ARMY PROFESSION STRENGTHENING INITIATIVES?
- -ARMY PROFESSION CONCEPTS
- -BUILDING AND SUSTAINING TRUST RELATIONSHIPS
- -STANDARDS AND DISCIPLINE
- -CERTIFYING ARMY PROFESSIONALS
- -LEADER DEVELOPMENT FOR ARMY 2020
- -THE ARMY'S CULTURE
- -INTEGRATE/SYNCHRONIZE HUMAN DEVELOPEMENT
WHAT ARE THE ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISTICS THAT MAINTAIN THE ARMY'S STATUS AS A PROFESSION?
- -Trust of our primary client, the American people and their elected officials based upon the exemplary and effective service of our Army.
- -Trustworthiness that is earned daily among all Army professionals (uniformed and civilian) both vertically and laterally across the force
- -Military Expertise of effectively and ethically designing, generating, supporting, and applying land combat power
- -Esprit de Corps that fosters fortitude, a winning spirit, and pride and cohesion amongst Army commands and individual units and organizations
- -Honorable Service by Army Professionals that embodies the Army Ethic and Army Values
- -Stewardship of the Army Profession over time by its leaders, particularly strategic level leaders as they see to the continual generation of new military expertise
IN WHICH DOMAINS DO U.S. FORCES OPERATE?
AIR, LAND MARITIME, SPACE AND CYBERSPACE DOMAINS.
AS A UNIQUE MILITARY PROFESSION, THE ARMY IS BUILT UPON AN ETHOS OF TRUST. WHAT ARE 4 OTHER ESSENTIAL CHARACTERISTICS OF OUR PROFESSION?
- -MILITARY EXPERTISE
- -HONORABLE SERVICE
- -ESPIRIT DE CORPS
WHAT ARE THE 11 PRIMARY MISSIONS OF THE U.S. ARMED FORCES? (JUST ANSWER 5)
- -COUNTER TERRORISM AND IRREGULAR WARFARE
- -DETER AND DEFEAT AGGRESSION
- -OPERATE EFFECTIVELY IN SPACE
- -OPERATE EFFECTIVELY IN CYBERSPACE
- -PROVIDE A STABILIZING PRESENCE
WHAT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT DETERMINANT OF COMBAT POWER?
WHAT IS THE U.S. ARMY'S GREATEST STRATEGIC ASSET; PROVIDING DEPTH, VERSATILITY AND UNMATCHED EXPERIENCE TO THE JOINT FORCE?
THE ALL-VOLUNTEER FORCE
WHAT FORCES MAKE UP THE ARMY?
THE REGULAR ARMY, THE ARMY RESERVES AND THE ARMY NATIONAL GUARD OF THE UNITED STATES. ARMY CIVILIANS SUPPORT ALL 3 COMPONENTS.
WHAT IS THE FUNCTION OF THE OPERATING FORCE?
OPERATING FORCES CONSIST OF UNITS ORGANIZED, TRAINED, AND EQUIPPED TO DEPLOY AND FIGHT.
WHAT IS THE FUNCTION OF THE GENERATING FORCE?
THE GENERATING FORCE MANS, TRAINS, EQUIPS, DEPLOYS AND ENSURES THE READINESS OF ALL ARMY FORCES.
WHAT 5 SETS OF CHARICTARISTICS WILL ENHANCE THE ARMY'S OPERATIONAL ADAPTABILITY?
- -DEPTH AND VERSATILITY
- -ADAPTIVE AND INNOVATIVE
- -FLEXIBILITY AND AGILITY
- -INTEGRATED AND SYNCHRONIZED
- -LETHAL AND DESCRIMINATE