- Breads, cereals, rice, and pasta group. A person needs 6 to 11 servings a day. They provide protein,
carbohydratres, adn some vitamins and minerals.
- Vegetable group - A person needs 3 to 5 servings a day. Low in fat, vegetables provide fiber,
vitamins A and C, carbohydrates, and minerals.
- Milk, yogurt, and cheese group. A person needs 2 to 3 servings daily. This group is high in protein,
carbohydrates, fat, calcium, and riboflavin.
- Meat, poultry, fish, dry beans, eggs, and nuts group. A person needs 2 to 3 servings a day. This food
group is high in fat and protein. Fish and shellfish are low in fat. Chicken and turkey have less fat
than veal, beef, pork, and lamb. Veal has less fat than beef.
- Fats, oils, and sweets group. Fats, oils, and sweets (foods with added sugar) are high in fat with few