The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Easily annoyed and complaining
- I hadn't had enough sleep and was feeling a bit grumpy. a grumpy old man Source:- grumpy Magnus Carlesen
- Type Adjective
- Adverb:- grumpily
- 1. To face or deal with a difficult situation or person
- As she left the court she was confronted by the angry crowd.
- Source:- Former chief confronted with statement made by former director of IBType:- Verb
Adjective = ???
RBI increase the interest rate as a pre-emptive measure against the inflation
Students complete their home work as a pre-emptive action against teacher's punishment
- To do or say something before someone so that their words or action becomes unnecessary
- Minister held a press conference in order to pre-empt criticism in news paper
- We have to work hard to pre-empt the failures
- Source:- An embarkment will be build in Jamu-Pak border to pre-empt infiltration
- Type:- Verb
- Adjective - pre-emptive
- describing something that is done before others can act in order to prevent to do something
- A person with strong interest in or views on the subject matter of an action, but not a party to the action, may petition the court for permission to file a brief, ostensibly on behalf of a party but actually to suggest a rationale consistent with its own views.
- On December-16 gang rape case court said "they are running away from court and they warned they will appoint the amicus curiae"
- 1.Violent action organized by a group of people who are trying to change the political system in their countryRebellion of AAP against the Government
- source:- Rebellion of BJP is out as major leaders like Balli and Savita Gupta joins others party
- Type:- Noun
- Adjective:- (Rebellious) If a group of people are rebellious, they oppose the ideas of the people in authority and plan to change the system, often using force
- ORIf a group of people are rebellious, they oppose the ideas of the people in authority and plan to change the system, often using force
- happening sometimes; not regular or continuous
- a sporadic electricity supply
- Source:- Sporadic rain in New Delhi decrease the dengue case.
- A spordadic rain come when Ankur, Lucky and I meet after a long time.
- Adverb sporadically
In the dock (Idiom)
Dock= a place where accused seat in a crimnal court
Dock= a tree in British
Dock= a place in port where ship is repaired or goods are replaced
- When someoneis in the dock then he is on trial in court or under scrutiny
- Source:- Dhananjay Singh is in the dock for the case his wife kill domestic help
- A process by which surface is rubbing away of surface
- A place where surface is rubbed away like skin
- A small abrasion on her knee.
- Rakhi (domestic help) have 30-40 abrasion on her body.Adjective:- Abrasive:- rude and unfriendly
- You found abrasive in meeting.
A thorn in the flesh
A persistent difficult situation
find your feet
- become familiar
- Amid slow revival in popularity George Bush find his feet in self imposed exile.
a condition of someone being sent away from their own country, village, etc
- 1. a wave on surface of the water
- 2. a sound the spread person to person or group to group that become increasing then slower
- Source:- Shock wave rippled accros the Europe last week when 1,500 paintings that Nazi have plundered in 1930 were discovered in Germany
- To steel something especially during war
- Nazis plundered the art works of jew
- something or someone that you think all the time
- Type:- noun
- Adjective:- Obsessive
- Adverbs:- Obsessively
- He always wanted to find his natural mother but recently becomes an obsession
- to say something or someone is less important
- Type :- verb
- Do not denigrate the people because they have different beliefs then you have.
- Appearing or claiming something to be one when it is really something else
- Type:- Adjective
- Politician promise was only ostensible promise for vote.
- Ostentatious :-showing your money or power to get admire by other
- The ostentatious lifestyle is criticized by others.
Pan out or panned out(Idiom)
- Zoom out means to moves to a wider look
- or be successful way
Well it is not a pan out!
- Strange,Interesting, or funny because it is different what you expecting.
- It is Ironic, government is still going against the law
showing that you really opposed what you say and what are you doing
An ironic comment
Blonde have more fun(Idiom)
- with yellow gold hair or a woman with yello hair
- Type :- noun
- Idiom:- man are more attracted with blonde woman
- Unkind words or actions that makes someones or something look stupid
- Type noun
- He is become object of redicule