core topic 3 revision
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
name 2 dietary guidelines and state how they assist an individual to maintain a healthy BMI
- eat plenty of fruit, veg and legumes nutrient rich food and not high in energy as it will ensure a healthy BMI
- eat plenty of cereals, pasta, rice and noodles high in fibre and are filling preventing over eating, a diet where a person can remain in a healthy BMI
describe two reasons why the dietary guidelines may not be a complete success when making changes to a diet
- no serving sizes are provided
- the large variety of foods makes it difficult to choose
2 similarities between the food pyramid and pie chart
- both cover the 5 food groups
- given an indication of what should be eaten
- both indicate that water is essential
2 differences between food pyramid and piechart
- pyramid includes exercise and salt, AHEG doesn't
- the pyramid includes extra foods in its triangle compared to the pie chart having is separate.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview