Earth and Space
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Earthquake Waves Fastest to slowest ?
Depth of earthquakes.
- Less than 70km Shallow-focus
- 70km to 300km Intermediate-focus
- greater than 300km Deep-focus
Difference between mineral and rock ?
Minerals are regular rocks are a conglomerate of minerals.
How are sedimentary rocks formed ?
Formed by the deposit of material in water more material on top to cement the grains Lithification.
How are Metamorphic rocks formed ?
recrystallisation of rock at high pressure.
How are igneous rocks formed ?
Formed by the solidification of magma (extrusive surface)(intrusive below ground large crystals as slower cooling)
What are the 4 earthquake waves ?
- P (primary) compressional body waves.
- S (secondary) Transverse body waves cannot travel through liquid.
- Love horizontal surface wave
- Rayleigh Horizontal and vertical surface wave.
What is the Gradient of a line ?
Gradient = Rise ÷ Run = Change in Y ÷ Change in X
x and y axis
- X is Independent variable.
- Y is Dependent variable.
What is the Moho
Boundary between the Crust and Mantle
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview