The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
the number of times a female has given birth to a baby
- Did a cluster analysis of the following reproductive adaptations for lizards
- 1. time of first reproduction
- 2. size of clutch
- 3. number of broods
- 4. viviparity vs. oviparity
primary sex ratio
- In most species, sex ratio varies according to the age profile of the population.
- Primary sex ratio is the ratio at birth.
principle of allocation
states that there is limited energy to be expended on various adaptations. The result is that it is theoretically impossible to do all things well. It this is the case, then some adaptations will dominate.
- The per capita rate of growth of species i is a direct function of the proportion of space not yet used
- The change in the per capita growth rate of species i, due to the presence of an individual of species j, relative to the change in per capita growth rate of species i due to the presence of an individual of species i”
when one gene influences multiple, seemingly unrelated phenotypic traits, an example being Phenylketonuria, which is a human disease that affects multiple systems but is caused by one gene defect
- showed the effect of a refugium
- The refugium stabilizes the unstable situation and produces a “Stable Limit Cycle”
a parasite, such as a tapeworm, that lives inside its host
Dependent on host as its environment
Four C Rule
Complete Competitors Cannot Coexist
method of seed generation in which pollination is performed manually and the pollen donor and egg donor are from the same plant.
the behaviour of elder offspring sharing the parental burden in the upbringing of their siblings, a classic example of kin selection
indeterminate growth refers to growth that is not terminated in contrast to determinate growth that stops once a genetically pre-determined structure has completely formed. Thus, a plant that grows and produces flowers and fruit until killed by frost or some other external factor is called indeterminate.