Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
TCP/IP utility you use to display route taken over the Internet x comunc'n btwn web browser & web browser & web server?
How to physically tell if a ntwrk card not working?
√ status indicator lights
To know if Win recognizes NIC w/o errors, which tool do you use?
List steps to recycle connec'n to an ISP when using cable modem & router.
1. Uplug from power source the cable modem, DSL modem, /other device that you use to connect to your ISP. Unplug router. Wait about 5 min. for conn'n to break @ the ISP
2. Plug in the cable modem, DSL modem, /other ISP device. Wait until the lights settle. Then plug in router.
3.On any computer on your ntwrk, use Network & Sharing Centr to repair network connec'n. Open browser & try to browse some web sites
You're on computer MyComputer, & you're sharing C:\MyShare as MyShare. How would users on other comptrs refer to this share?
a user must enter \\MyComputer\MyShare & then click finish
Utility you use to display info about the name space kept by a DNS server for a particular domain name?
When does Group Policy apply...computer-based policies? User-based policies?
- Grp policies- used when making entries in regstry, applying scripts to Win startup, shut↓, & logon processes, & affecting security settings
- Comptr Based policies- applied just b4 logon screen appears
User-based policies- are applied after logon
34. What happens if you use both share and NTFS permissions?
- The most restrictv permis'n applies.
- NTFS vol. -use only NTFS permis'ns, they can be customized better.
- For FAT vol., only option is share permissions.
- If user has been given 1 permis'n & that user belongs to a particular grp, (in which grp’s permis'ns are conflicting) more liberal permis'n applies.
- When moving/copying an obj to a folder, obj takes on the permis'ns of that folder (Except when you move, not copy, an obj from 1 location to anothr w/n same vol).
When would you use...homegroup sharing? Share permissions? NTFS permissions?
- Homegrp sharing- all users on ntwrk require same access to all resources (files, libraries, folders, printers)
- Share permissions- only to ntwrk users, not local usrs of comptr
- NTFS permissions- apply to local usrs & ntwrk usrs (folders & individual files)
- @ work this is often used by employees to carry out daily tasks
Which permis'ns apply to both ntwrk usrs (usrs on other comptrs in ntwrk) & local usrs (usrs on same comptr): share permis'ns /NTFS permis'ns?
Which edit'ns of Win are used to serve ↑
Profes'l & Business edit'ns of Win7/XP/Vista
Listening port for Remote Desktop?
Explain the diff when user sees:
in the address box.
http:// protocol that some web servers use to secure web transmis'ns to & from web server
https:// protocol- a secure connec'n from browser to web server assures all transmis'ns are encryptd
Which has more rights, a standard acct or guest acct?
What folder in Windows 7/Vista is intended to be used for folders & files all users share?
When using the Cntrl Panel in Win 7, what two types of user accts can be cr8d?
Adminstr acct & standard user acct
Which Win console is used to cr8 new user grp?
Computer Management Console
Why doesn’t the properties box for a file have a sharing tab?
- share permissions method used to share a folder over the ntwrk.
- applies to a folder & its contents, but not to individual files.
When you view the properties box for a folder, why might the security tab be missing?
Because the folder ¿s volume is not NTFS
What is the term Windows XP uses to describe sharing files in a way that gives no control over which users have access to a shared file?
Simple file sharing
Type of permis'n a folder receives from its parent folder?
What type of permissions must be used for a folder on a FAT volume?
If a folder has 10 subfolders, what is the easiest way to change the permissions for all 10 folders?
Change the permissions of the parent folder
If you are having a problem changing the permissions of a folder that was created by another user, what can you do to help solve the problem?
- Take ownership of the folder-Click Advanced on Security tab of the folder’s Properties box; click Owner tab & then click Edit.
- Select a user from the Change owner to list and click Apply to make that user the new owner. (If not listed, click Other users or groups and add the user) Close Advanced Securities box and the Properties box for the change to take effect.
A shared folder whose name ends with a $ is called a(n) a ________.
What command do you enter in the Explorer search box to access the Remote Admin share on the computer named Fin?
What is the full command line to use ipconfig to release the current IP address?
Ipconfig / release
What is the full command line for the loopback address test command?
What command can tell you if two computers on the same network have the same computer name?
net view \\computername
What command lists the shared resources on a remote computer on the network?
Which type of net command can be used to map a network drive?
net use z: \\computername\folder
Which command tests for connectivity between two computers?
Which command is used to find the host name of a computer when you know its IP address?
Eiher ping or nslookup, w/ the IP address as the parameter (“ping 220.127.116.11” or “nslookup 18.104.22.168”)
Which command can give you the hop count from your computer to another?
What parameter can be added to the netstat command so that you can see what programs are using a network connection?
What utility would you use to display info about the name space kept by a DNS server for a particular domain name?
What are the six NTFS permission levels?
- Full Control
- Read & Execute
- List Folder Contents
Describe the NTFS permission level for full control & what is the share-permission level ?
- Can read, Δ, del & create files & subfolders
- read file & folder attributes
- read & Δ permis'ns, &
- take ownership of file/folder.
Shared permis'n level is full cntrl
Describe the NTFS permission level for modify & what is the share-permission level?
- Can read, Δ , & cr8 existing files & subfolders, but can't del existing 1s.
- Can read & Δ attributes.
- Can view permis'ns but not Δ them.
Shared permis'n level is: Δ
Describe the NTFS permission level for read & execute & what's the share-permis'n level?
Can read folders & contents & run programs in a folder.
Shared permis'n level is read
Describe the NTFS permis'n level for List Folder Contents & what's the share-permis'n level?
Can read folders & contents & run programs in folder.
Shared permis'n level is read
Describe the NTFS permission level for read & what is the share-permission level?
Can read folders & contents
Shared permis'n level is read
Describe the NTFS permission level for write & what is the share-permission level?
- Can cr8 a file/folder & Δ attributes, but can’t read data.
- permis'n used for a drop folder where users can drop confidnt'l filescan be only be read x a mngr.
Shared permis'n level is change