English Vocabulary 12 nov 2013
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Abdicate or abdication
- If a king or queen abdicates, they make a formal statement that they no longer want to be king or queen
- saying not to do
- type verb
- Delhi government collective abdication will result negative result sooner or later
- 1. extreme and showing no care at all,
- 2. humorous (of a woman) behaving or appearing in a very sexual way
- a wanton disregard for safety
- ADVERB wantonly
India wantonly cedes the ground to its adversaries in Srilanka
to give something as a ownership to someone else, either by unwilling or by forced
Honkong was ceded to England after war.
India wantonly cedes the ground for its adversaries in Srilanka
Adversary, Adverse, Adversely
He saw her as his main adversary within the company.
India wantonly cedes the ground for its adversary in Srilanka
to make some one brave
Emboldened by drink, he walked over to speak to her.
Srilanka will be emboldened and can play pakistan card against delhi
- without and punishment or unpleasant result or freedom
Criminal gangs are terrorizing the city with apparent impunity.
Srilanka is bound to pursue, with greater impunity, a strong strategic partnership with china, whose profile in the island increasing rapidly
to spend or use money or supplies in a wasteful way, or to waste opportunities by not using them to your advantage
As India squanders its leverages , tamil group in srilanka becomes more weekend.
value or power to influence the people to get more results
IF UN has more troops then it have more leverages in this area.
the strong and unreasonable belief that your own country or race is the best or most important
- when someone pretends to believe something that they do not really believe or that is the opposite of what they do or say at another time
One should understand the hypocrisy in order to be successful
- to reduce large number of something or kill something
Srilanka is decimating the liberation tiger of tamil eelam
pull the rug from under sb's feet
- to suddenly take help or support from someone
- congress party pull the rug from under feet of its own government
sweep sth under the carpet
The committee is being accused of sweeping financial problems under the carpet to avoid embarrassment.
- try to get
- try to do
- follow for killing
1. talk turkey phrase
2. prelude noun
- talk turkey :- talking honestly hand straight
- type noun
- prelude :- (introduction) something which comes before an important event or action
Talks between INLO and BJP is prelude to talk turkey with national parties next year.
rules or management methods
these are uniform regime
thinking in a quit way often with a serious expression
After hearing the matter, she becomes pensive
A pliable substance or PERSON bends easily without breaking or cracking
our Prime minister is pliable
a leap in the dark
by/in leaps and bounds
jump/leap out of your skin
- Move suddenly or sudden change
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview