Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- tissue sections with radioactive isotopes covered with photographic emulsion, exposed by radiation emanating from radioisotopes within tissues
- -then placed in photographic emulsion, where activation of the particles will enable grains to be seen
- pulse: expose the specimen to radioactively labeled particles
- chase: expose to unlabeled particles nad follow them
What did Palade and Jamieson do?
what did it lead to?
incubatd pancreatic tissue in a solution with radioactive amino acids nad saw how long it would take for them to be taken up by digestive enzymes
to find where secretory proteins were made
- led to discovery of the biosynthetic pathway
- utilized autoradiography in acinar cells
Palade and Caro
- what they did?
- - 1950s
- - interested and knew that proteins were being secreted
- - they exposed cells with radioactively labelled amino acids and incubated sections in a mix of radioactively labeled amino acids
- - the cells absorbed and carried on with their cellular processes
- Palade and Caro followed radioactivity in a pulse-chase experiment
- - combined autoradiography and electron microscopy to trace radioactive leucine in pancreatic cells
Neutra and Lablond
- studied goblet cells and wanted to iknow where the addition of the complex carb might take place- suspected glycosylation occurred in the Golgi- labeled sugars and saw them concentrated in the Golgi and then moving
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview