The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- 10-15% of hospital patients will get one
- 20,000,000 infections
- 20,000 deaths
What 3 factors can lead to nosocomial infections?
- 1.Microoganisms in a hospital environment
- 2.Compramised host.
- 3.Chain of transmission.
- This leads to a ven-diagram with a nosocomial infection in the center shared by all 3 fields.
Common Nosocomial infections
- 40%-UTI (improper handling of a catheter)
- 20%-Surgical site(wound infections)
- 15%-Lower resp. tract (most deadly) pneumonia
- 8%-cutanious infections