Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Pectoralis Major
- Origin: Cartilages of ribs 2-6, Sternum, Clavicle
- Insertion: Greater tubercle of humerus
- Origin: Occipital bone and spinous processes of thoracic vertebrae
- Insertion: Clavicle and scapula (acromion and scapular spine)
- Latissimus dorsi
- Origin: spinous processes of lower thoracic vertebrae, ribs and lumbar vertebrae
- Insertion: Intertubercular groove of humerus
- Action: Extension, adduction, and medial rotation at shoulder
- Innervation: Thoracodorsal, C6,7,8
- Rhomboid Major
- Origin: Spinous processes of 2nd-5th thoracic vertebrae
- Insertion: Medial border of scapula
- Action: Adduct and elevate the scapula, and rotate it so the glenoid cavity faces caudally.
- Innervation: Dorsal scapular, C4,5
- Rhomboid Minor
- Origin: Ligamentum nuchae, spinous processes of C7 and T1
- Action Adduct and elevate the scapula, and rotate it so the glenoid cavity faces caudally.
- Inneravtion: Dorsal Scapular, C4,5
- Levator Scapulae
- Origin: Transverse processes of C1-C4
- Insertion: Medial border of scapula between superior angle and root of spine.
- Action: Elevates scapula
- Innervation: Cervical 3, 4 and Dorsal scapular C4,5
- Origin: Supraspinous fossa of scapula
- Insertion: Lesser tubercle of humerus
- Action: Medial rotation at shoulder
- Inneravtion: Suprascapular, C4,5,6