Excess Post-Exercise Oxygen Consumption
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
The volume of oxygen consumed during the recovery above that which normally would have been consumed at rest during the same period of time.
Fast Replenishment Stage
- First stage of the recovery process.
- Relates to the immediate consumption of oxygen following exercise.
- Primary function is to re-saturate myoglobin with oxygen and provide arobic energy to resynthesise ATP and PC.
- Completed within 2-3 minutes.
Slow Replenishment Stage
- Restock gycogen levels.
- Maintenance of elevated HR.
- % of Lactic Acid converted to glycogen in liver and muscles.
- % of Lactic Acid converted into CO2 and H2O (sweat).
- Completed within 2-3 hours.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview