The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Main Rotor Overspeed
Engine RPM R
- *127 / **137 / ***142
- 12s Transient:
Avoid ops in 20-40 and 60-90 except during start/sd
Main rotor % RPM R
- Trans: 91-95
- Power off (Auto)
- Normal 200-1500
- Precautionary 0-200
- 12s Trans:
- 30m limit:
Eng Oil Temp
Eng Oil Pressure
- 30m Limit:
- 35 PSI Min at 90% NG and above.
- 12s Trans:
- Start abort limit:
- 30m Limit:
- 10s Trans:
- Dual-- 100-125
- Single-- 110-135
- Single: 0-110
- Dual: 0-100
Main Trans Oil Temp
Main Trans oil pressure
- Idle & Trans:
5.10 Engine Start Limits
E s a a o a p a o xx f c r i a h s.
Engine start attempts at or above a pressure alt of 20,000 ft could result in a hot start.
Engine Starter Limits
A a t o xxc a b, xx c s c m b m.
F b a xx m r p, f b xx a s c.
A xx m r p i t r.
A a t a xxc u t xxc , xx c s c m b m.
A xx m r p i t r b a a s c.
- At ambient temperatures of 15c and below, 2 consecutive start cycles may be made.
- Followed by a 3 minute rest period, follow by 2 additional start cycles.
- A 30 minute rest period is then required.
- At ambient temperatures above 15c up to 52c , 2 consecutive start cycles may be made.
- A 30 minute rest period is then required before any additional start cycles.
Pneumatic Source Inlet Limits
T m a s r t s t h i xx p and xx p a xxc.
T m i xx p a xxc.
- The minimum air source required to start the helicopter is 40 psig and 30 ppm at 149c.
- The maximum is 50 psig at 249c.
Engine Overspeed Check Limitations.
Engine overspeed check in flight is prohibited. Engine overspeed checks on the ground are authorized by designated maintenance personnel only.
Engine Start Limits
C b s s n b a u t xx o xx E a-i O a d n a a t o e m b a xx% N s o a a r s a xx% r.
Cross bleed start shall not be attempted unless the #1 or #2 Eng Anti-Ice On advisory does not appear and the operating engine must be at 90% NG speed or above and rotor speed at 100% RPMR.
M c f e s c i xx p.
M c h c i xx p.
M w i f l b c f m c xx p p s f.
M w o U w s l w xx p.
- Max cap for each storage compartment is 300 lbs.
- Max cargo hook cap is 8000 lbs.
- Max wt is further limited by cargo floor maximum cap 125 lbs per sq ft.
- Max wt of UH60 with seven lug wheels 20,500 lbs.
O e i, xx kts.
A a/s g w a xx p o l, xx kts.
A a/s gw a xx p, xx kts.
S/r f i t w, w c w w, s n e xx kts.
- Max a/s for one engine inop 130 kts.
- Max auto a/s gw at 16,825 or less, 150 kts.
- Max auto a/s gw above 16,825, 130 kts.
- Sideward/rearward flight into the wind, when combined with windspeed, shall not exceed 45 kts.
Two SAS & IMC
1 Hyd sys
2 Hyd sys
2 Hyd sys & IMC
- 1 SAS 170
- 2 SAS 150
- Two SAS & IMC 140
- 1 Hyd sys 170
- 2 Hyd sys 150
- 2 Hyd sys & IMC 140
Max Airspeed for Extending Ldg/Search light
L/l Extending, Extended
S/l Extending, Extended
Cabin Doors/ Windows Open
C d m b f o u t xx k w s i a o s xx.
C d m b f o u t xx k w s r a o s xx o w s s p.
G's w m b f o u t xx k.
C s d w n b o o c d f e d a h.
F w c d r i p.
- Cabin doors may be fully open up to 100 kts with soundproofing installed aft of station 379.
- Cabin doors may be fully open up to 145 kts with soundproofing removed aft of station 379 or with soundproofing secured properly.
- Gunner's window may be fully open up to 170 kts.
- Cockpit sliding doors will not be opened or closed during flight except during a hover.
- Flight with cockpit doors removed is prohibited.
Airspeed limits following ASCS failure.
S s b f d a s b xx k.
S s b s t z f s a xx k.
A a s b l t xx k a a g w.
M c n a: P a l s b o a n-t-e s (p f a a), e i n c s a e xx k.
- Stabilator shall be full down at speeds below 40 kts.
- Stabilator shall be set to zero for speeds above 40 kts.
- Aurorotation airspeed shall be limited to 120 kts at all gross weights.
- Manual control not available: Placard airspeed limits shall be obsered as not-to-exceed speed (powered flight and autorotation), except in no case shall autorotation exceed 120 kts.
H t g t xx d a p.
I m b a o +/- xx i p o o xx i r a p.
S m o b E t i o o i p.
R g t i p.
- Hovering turns greater than 30 dps are prohibited. Intentional maneuvers beyond attitudes of +/- 30 in pitch or over 60 in roll are prohibited.
- Simultaneous moving of both EPCL to idle or off is prohibited.
- Rearward ground taxi is prohibited.
M o o t s i f i p e a r b f t a m t f r o a a s c i c t A m m.
P r f a d h a t b a t p a o e f i t h a h d t w o o c d.
- Manual operation of the stabilator in flight is prohibited except as required by formal training and maint test flight requirements or as alternate stabilator control in case the AUTO mode malfunctions.
- Prolonged rearward flight and downwind hovering are to be avoided to prevent accumulation of exhaust fumes in the helicopter and heat damage to windows on open cargo doors.
Maneuvering Limitations - N
N: M e f a l p s m r i t d o 5% R o g.
Note: Maneuvers entered from a low power setting may result in transient droop of 5% RPMR or greater.
High speed yaw maneuver limitations.
A xx k a a, f p i t p e t r s l.
Above 80 kts avoid abrupt, full pedal inputs to prevent excess tail rotor system loading
M l w s l i l t a m o xx d a o b i f f.
S f i l b b a a i d a a i.
R f w a s l i l t xx k.
- Maneuvering limitations with sling load is limited to a maximum of 30 degree angle of bank in forward flight.
- Side flight is limited by bank angle and is decreased as airspeed increases.
- Rearward flight with a sling load is limited to 35 knots.
Bank Angle Limitation
B a s b l t xx d w e P S P c l a.
Bank angle shall be limited to 30 degrees when either PRI SERVO PRESS caution light appears.
Landing Gear Limitation
Do not exceed a touchdown sink rate (feet per minute) of:
Level Terrain / Slope
Up to 16,825
Landing Speed Limitations
M f t s i l t xx k g s o l t.
Maximum forward touchdown speed is limited to 60 knots ground speed on level terrain.
Slope landing limitations.
xx d n u, r w u o l w u, r b xx d f e xx k o w.
xx d n d. L i n d c w t w g t xx k s n b c.
T m g m b o u t xx m a a t w p f w t h i k t b a a n-u a.
15 degrees nose up, right wheel up or left wheel upslope, reduced by 2 degrees for each 5 kts of wind.
6 degrees nose downslope. Landing in nose downslope conditions with tail winds greater than 15 kts shall not be conducted.
The main gearbox may be operated up to 30 minutes at a time with pressure fluctuations when the helicopter is known to be at a nose-up attitude.
H w t f e i, o, a t o a p t f i t o l i c.
1. W a-i.
2. P h.
3. E A-i.
4. E i a-i m v.
5. I a a s t.
F i m i c a e i 5.2 & b d-i k m b i, o, a t o.
F i h o s i i p.
- Helicopters with the following equipment installed, operational, and turned on are permitted to fly into trace or light icing conditions.
- 1. Windshield anti-ice.
- 2. Pitot heat.
- 3. Engine Anti-ice.
- 4. Engine inlet anti-ice modulating valve.
- 5. Insulated ambient air sensing tube.
Flight into moderate icing conditions all equipment in 5.28b & blade de-ice kit must be installed, operational, and turned on.
Flight into heavy or severe icing is prohibited.
Hydraulic Pump Hot Weather Limits with the rotor system Static.
FAT/Op Time/Cool down Time
- -54 - 32 / Unlim / -
- 33 - 38 / 24 / 72
- 39 - 52 / 16 / 48
APU Operating Limits
T p A o, o a a t o xxc a a w e a r o i l t xx m.
W t e a r n o, t A c b o c u t a t o xxc.
- To prevent APU overheating, operating at ambient temperature of 43c and above with engine and rotor operating is limited to 30 minutes.
- With the engine and rotor not operating, the APU can be operated continuously up to a temperature of 51c.
Windshield anti-ice limitations.
W a-i c s n b d w F i o xxc.
Windshield anti-ice check shall not be done when FAT is over 27c.
Turbulence and Thunderstorm Operation
I f i t i p.
I f i s t i p.
I f i t w a s l a a a i c p c f i p.
- Intentional flight into thunderstorms is prohibited.
- Intentional flight into severe turbulence is prohibited.
- Intentional flight into turbulence with a sling load attached and an inoperative collective pitch control friction is prohibited.