Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
What is sexual harassment?
Unwanted sexual advances, attention, comments, or favors, and ANY exchange that would affect ones career, pay, or job.
How often must sexual harassment training be done?
No individual in the DON shall
- Commit sexual harassment,
- Take reprisal action against a person who provides information on an incident of alleged sexual harassment,
- Knowingly make a false accusation of sexual harassment,
- While in a supervisory or command position,
- condone or ignore sexual harassment of which he or she has knowledge or has reason to have knowledge.
Punishment for sexual harassment includes
- informal counseling,
- comments in fitness reports and evaluations,
- administrative separation,
- and punitive measures under the UCMJ.
Personnel will be separated for substantiated incidents of sexual harassment including:
- Action, threats, or attempts to influence another's career or job in exchange for sexual favors; or
- Rewards in exchange for sexual favors; or
- Physical contact of a sexual nature which, if charged as a violation of the UCMJ, could result in punitive discharge.
What is the key to eliminating all forms of unlawful discrimination?
The command should be notified if:
- The objectionable behavior does not stop
- The situation is not resolved
- adressing the objectional behavior directly with the person concerned is not reasonable under the circumstances
- The behavior is clearly criminal in nature.
Define sexual harassment
- A form of sex discrimination that involves unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature when:
- a. Submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of a person's job, pay, or career; or,
- b. Submission to or rejection of such conduct by a person is used as a basis for career or employment decisions affecting that person; or,
- c. Such conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual's work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive working environment.
Define "quid pro quo"
'This for that', When recipients are offered or denied something that is work-connected in return for submitting to or rejecting unwelcome sexual behavior
What is green light?
"go," and behavior in the green zone is acceptable. Green zone behavior is not sexual harassment.
What is yellow light?
"caution," and behavior in the yellow zone may be sexual harassment.
What is red light?
"stop." Red zone behaviors are sexual harassment.