Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Mary Queen of Scots
- Elizabeth 1's cousin although
- they never met.
Executed February 8th 1587.
- Marry's and has children with
- James 1 of England.
- Catholic, and so is a big threat
- to Elizabeth during her reign as majority of Catholics see her as rightful heir
- to the throne, many plots are planned to overthrow Elizabeth for Mary.
- Ruled Scotland December 1542-July
Mary of Guise
Mary, Queen of Scots mother.
- Born Catherine Champernowne and became Kat
- Ashley after she was appointed as Elizabeth's governess in 1537.
- Remained loyal to the queen until her death
- in 1565.
- She taught Elizabeth four languages, French, Italian, Flemish and
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview