Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Popularity of credit during 1920s?
- Changing ideas/behavior of women during the 1920s?
- More progressive
- Economy of 1920s—Slow? Recession? Booming?
- Booming- the roaring 20’s
- Causes of Great Depression?
- The stock market crash was not the cause of GD
- Dates of Great Depression?
- 1929 through 1940’s
- Hoover’s view of the individual?
- No gov’t handouts and believed in the self made man
- Role of unevenly distributed income and the Great Depression?
- Yes it played a role
- FDR’s attempted to end the Great Depression by doing what?
- Pumping money into economy and providing jobs for the unemployed
- Percentage of unemployed Americans at the height of the Great Depression?
- Did everyone suffer during the Depression?
- Farmers from mid-west that traveled to California
- Slum area for unemployed
- Dust Bowl?
- 2 year drought in Midwest
- Which country most deeply felt the effects of the Great Depression?
- Which country had social programs already in place?
- Great Britain
- Which country had a lack of labor and was therefore initially slow in feeling the full force of the Great Depression?
- France because they had more jobs than workers
- Name of FDR’s domestic policy?
- New deal
- Fireside chats?
- Periodical radio broadcasts of FDR
- Social Security Act?
- Deals with more than retirement
- Civilian conservation corps- workers of forest and soil worked on camps mainly in national parks
- Tenn valley authority- 1st dam in muscle Sholes al
- Effect of Great Depression on African-Americans at beginning of Great Depression? End of Great Depression?
- Little in beginning but got progressively worse to bad
- Great Depression and dangerous, expensive public works projects?
- Decreased wages and needed workers so yes
- Role of WWII and the end of the Great Depression?
- World war 2 got us out of great depression
- FDR and social programs and their legacy today?
- Change role of government and they are still evident today
- peaceful and democratic- state ownership and fundamental means
- owned by people as a whole, “theoretically” revolution
- private- prices and market
- • 1939-1945-
- dates of WW2
- • June 6, 1944-
- • December 7, 1941-
- Attack on pearl harbor
- • D-day was AKA-
- invasion of Europe, invasion of Normandy
- • Code name of D-Day-
After what event did Germany and the Soviet Union go to war?
- After Germany invaded Soviet Union
- Surrender between U.S. and Japan occurred aboard the?
- USS Missouri
- “Island Hopping” as a strategy?
- How US defeated Japan (amphibious landings)
- Significance of Poland as a cause of WWII?
- France and Great Britain once Germany invaded
- Vichy France vs. Occupied France?
- Vichy- Part of France, no German troops there, occupied had German troops there
- demanded the unconditional surrender of axis powers
- 1st meeting of big 3, and set date of operation overlord
- set final plans of defeat of Germany, plan for post war Europe
- unconditional surrender of Japan, Truman alluded to having the atomic bomb, and administration of post war Germany
- Manhattan project- dropped on Hiroshima
- Final solution-
- holocaust (killing of Jews)
- FDR to supply Great Britain and still remain neutral
- us code breaking team
- Japanese version of enigma
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview