Define political party, political machine, patronage, linkage institution, primary, single member district, FEC:
- political party: institution that connects ppl to gov.
- political machine: Organizations in large cities effective in the vote for their candidate.
- patronage:support system
- linkage institution:structure in a society that connects ppl to gov or authority.
- primary: first importance, principal
- single-member district:electoral district that returns one officeholder to a body with multiple members such as a legislature.
- Federal Election Commision: independent agency to financial rule governing campaigns