Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Cell eating any cells which do this are called..
Components of blood..
- plasma is the fluid portion
- formed elements cells and cell fragments
white blood cells,. changes detected by diffrential white blood cell count
leukocytes... granulocytes, monocytes, lymphocytes
Enlarged monocytes become ...
Those that leave the blood and migrate are known as
located in certain tissues and organs are called
all together macrophages of the body constitue the
mononuclear phagocytic system
granulocytes dominate in the initial phase of a bacterial infection, but later macrophages become dominant as the infection progresses
a defensive response triggered by damage to body tissues.. 4 symptoms redness, pain, heat, swelling
functions of inflammation
- destroys infectious agent and remove it and its products form the body
- limits the effects of agent by walling it off
is the increase in diameter of blood vessels
- increases blood flow to damaged areas
- responsible for the redness and and heat associated with inflammation
- released by injured cells
- also a part of the complement system
present in blood plasma when active also plays a role in chemotaxis of phagocytic granuloytes
- released by damage cells
- intensifies effects of histamines and kinins
- helps phagocytes move through capillary walls
- produced by mast cells
- increase permeabliity of blood vessals and help phagocytes attach to pathogens
4 main mechanisms of Phagocytosis
adherence-attachment to surface of microbes
chemotaxis- chemical attract of phag.to micro.
ingestion-engulfment of pesudopods produces phagosome
digestion phagosome fuses with lysome to form a phagolysnome
are effective for only short times and do not affect viral multiplication in ells already infected
- are proteins that are produced when a virsu is recognized.
- they interfere in virsu multiplication
- excreted by host cell stimulates the production antiviral proteins AVP's by neighboring cells
- immune adherence binding of c3b to the microbe can interact with receptors on phagocytes
- makes phagocytosis easier
measures the body temperature in body
a period of sweating indicates that the temperature is falling
complement system.. non specific
is a defensive system containing serum proteins that perticipate in lysis of foreign cells
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview