Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Asia and Africa but is also found throughout the mediterranean area of Europe (Italy and France) and in the USA
Part used to make oil:
Flowers and leaves
Chemical make up:
Alcohol - antiseptic, antiviral, uplifting
- Antiseptic, antispasmodic, cephalic, emmeangogue, tonic, uplifting, warming
Conditions/systems able to benefit : 1
Nervous – uplifting for depression, insomnia, stress; helps to focus the mind and aids concentration; headaches, migraine, fainting fits, neuralgia, neuritis
Conditions/systems able to benefit : 2
Muscular/digestive – antispasmodic, relieves muscle tightness, especially in the intestines and stomach;
Conditions/systems able to benefit : 3
Conditions/systemsable to benefit :4
- Skin – tonic effect on acne; reduces inflammation of wasp stings
- Reproductive – amenorrhoea or irregular / scantymenstruations
When not to use
- On sensitive skin and in prenant women.
- Basil with a low methyl chavicol - hepatoxic and eugenol content should be used when possible as these are potential sensitisers. Can be hepotoxic
The one thing to remember!!!
Basil is excellent on clearing the mind of worries and clutterand lifting one's spirit
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview