Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Taxiways are marked with a _________.
Single yellow line painted down the middle
What is a continuous double yellow line?
Define taxiway edge from an abutting paved surface that is not intended for use
What is a dashed double yellow line?
taxiway edge where it joins other pavement that is intended to be used
Obstacle clearance requirements when taxing?
- Clearance < 10' - stop, do not taxi
- Clearance 10-25' - need a wing walker
- Clearance > 25' - taxi pass
cleared for takeoff
cleared to taxi
Taxi clear of runway in use
return to starting point on airport
Alternating red and green
use extreme caution
Acknowledge light signals by:
- Day - move rudder or ailerons
- Night - blinking nav or landing lights
What two things can happen when crosswinds are present on takeoff?
- Wind strikes the tail surface, causing the aircraft to weathervane
- Can cause the upwind wing to rise leading to a skipping action
What type of crosswind will you have to anticipate using increased right rudder to maintain directional control?
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview