Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Describe each of the following bonds
- Covalent - sharing of electrons
- Ionic - transfer of electrons
- Hydrogen - attraction between molecules
The valence shell wants to have ___ electrons
Organic molecules must contain
Carbon & hydrogen
Ratio of hydrogen to oxygen in organic molecules are
The 4 major organic molecules are..
- Nucleic Acids
- -simple sugars
- -double sugars
- -many sugars
Proteins are made up of amino acids. What are:
- dipeptide - 2 amino acids joined
- polypeptide - more than 2 amino acids joined
fats, fatty acids, waxes
Nucleotides are the building blocks of..
Define dehydration synthesis and hydrolysis
- dehydration synthesis - forming a bond while losing a water molecule
- hydrolysis - breaking bonds with the addition of water
proteins, and named after the substrate they work on. theyre function is determined by their shape and size
Factors that influence enzymes are..
temperature, enzymes and subrate concentration, and pH
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview