Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Define passive transport and active transport
- passive - high conc. to low conc. (No ATP energy required)
- active - low conc. to high conc. (ATP energy required)
Define hypertonic, isotonic, and hypotonic
- hypertonic - water moves out the cell
- isotonic - water moves in and out
- hypotonic - water moves into the cell
The cell membrae..
- acts as a barrier to the outside environment
- regulates movement of molecules in and out the cell
- recognizes chemical signals
materials move towards the cells are..
- digested food
materials moved away from cells are
cell parts involved in clotting
red blood cells
white blood cells
- plasma - carries nutrients, inorganic ions & wastes
- red blood cells - carries oxygen using iron containing hemoglobin
- white blood cells - fights foreign invaders
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview