The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design
combines the physical environment and sociology issues that sourround it to reduce crime rates and fear of crime.
Can cause power noise - a disturbance of power - electromagnetic Internference - radio frequency interference
EMI- lightning, motors. and current difference between wires
RFI - electrical system mechanisms, flourescent lighting, and electrical cables
Power transient noice
disturbance imposed ona power line that causes elecrical interference.
condition the line to keep voltage steady and clean
- Fire classes
- A -Common combustibles- suppression: water, foam
- B - liquid, petroleum products, Gas, CO2, foam dry powerders
- C - Elecrical Suppresion: Gas, CO2, foam dry powe
- D. Combustible Metals - Suppression: Dry powder
Electrostatic IDS - creates an electrostatic field balanced between the itself and the object being monitored. If an intruder comes within a certain range of the monitored object there is capacitance change.
Physical Security program - control categories
deterrence, delaying, detection, assessment, aand respsones
CCD - Charged Couple Devices-
- Receives input light from lens and converts to electronic signal.
- Images are focused through a lens onto the CCD chip surface, infrared range, - allows the capture of exraordinary details
- does not recore data
3 facets of CPTED
Natural access control, natural surveillance, territorial reinforcement
Electronic Power definitions
Types of fires - and Suppression methods