Home > Flashcards > Print Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards. What would you like to do?
William Butler Yeats,
his "country of the heart"?
- 13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939
- Born in DUblin, dies in Menton, France
- Nobel Prize 1923
- his "country of the heart"= County Sligo
- born June 2, 1840
- died 11 January 1928 (87)
- both in Dorchester, DOrset, England
- heart in Stinsford (Dorchester)
- body in Poet's COrner, Westminister Cathedral
- Tess of the d'Urbervilles, Far From Madding Crowd, Jude the Obscure
Miguel de Unamuno
Miguel de Unamuno y Jugo (29 September 1864, Bilbao, Biscay, Basque Country, Spain – 31 December 1936, Salamanca,Salamanca, Castile and León, Spain) was a Spanish essayist, novelist, poet, playwright and philosopher. His major philosophical essay was The Tragic Sense of Life (1913), and his most famous novel was Abel Sánchez: The History of a Passion (1917), a modern exploration of the Cain and Abel story.