. Definition: irreversible, progressive brain disease
- B. Pathophysiology: loss of neurotransmitter stimulation with
- accumulation of amyloid proteins.
- Proteins in neurons distorted, twisted – forming neurofibrillary tangle.
- Plaques disrupt nerve impulse
C. Clinical Manifestations:
early 1. forgetfulness, short term memory loss
2. dec attention span
late 3. language skills dec
4. dec long term memory
5. faulty judgement
final 6. loss of reasoning
D. Diagnostic Tests:
- manage decline in function