Lower Limb Comp Monday
Home > Preview
The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- (8 × 10 inches), for (24)smaller foot,
- (10 × 12inches), for larger foot,
IR Lengthwise or Crosswise
Digital systems—60 to 70 kV range
Place patient in lateral recumbent position;provide pillow for patient’s head.
Part Position (Mediolateral Projection)
- • Flex knee of affected limb about 45°; place opposite leg behind the injured limb to prevent over-rotation of affected leg.
- • Place plantar surface is perpendicular to iR. Do not over-rotate foot.
CR perpendicular to IR, directed to medial cuneiform (at level of base of third metatarsal)
Collimate to the outer skin margins of the foot to include about 1 inch (2 to 3 cm) proximal to ankle joint.
• Entire foot should be demonstrated, with a minimum of 1 inch (2.5 cm) of distal tibia-fibula.
What would you like to do?
Home > Flashcards > Print Preview