The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- Accumulation of dry exudate or blood
- Ex: impetigo ( crusted honey)
- Hard plaque that covers an ulcer (debridement) - tissue necrosis, infarcts, deep burn, and gangrene.
- Ex: spider bites, anthrax, ulcers
- permanent alteration of normal skin tissue
- dermal, epidermal affected
- Scars stays w/in margin of initial injury
- Permanent change in normal skin, extend beyond scar site
- Can appear spontaneously after: tattoes, piercings, burns, slight inflammation
- Increased dead cells on surface of the skin.
- Ex: Psoriasis
- sunken linear crack in the skin from dryness - occurs without trauma
- Painful = Splis has exposed the underlying dermis
- Ex: Athlete's foot
- localized loss of epidermis
- Heals without leaving a scar
- Ex: moist area after rupture of a vesicle --> chickenpox
generalized loss of epidermis
Sunken, loss of epidermis and at least superior later of the dermis
Thinning of the skin when somehting has shrunken
- hardening of the skin due to excessive scratching
- Ex: Ectopic Eczema, lichen simplex, atopic dematitis