The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
- (10 × 12 inches),
Place patient in semisupine position, with entire body and leg rotated partially away from side of interest; place support under elevated hip; give pillow for head.
- Align and center leg and knee to CR and to midline of table or IR.
- • Rotate entire leg externally 45°. (Interepicondylar line should be 45° to plane of IR.)
- Angle CR 0° on average patient (see AP Knee Projection on p. 244).
- • Direct CR to midpoint of knee at a level 12 inch (1.25 cm) distal to apex of patella.
- • Distal femur and proximal tibia and fibula, with the patella superimposing the lateral femoral condyle, are shown.
- • Medial condyles of the femur and tibia are demonstrated in profile.