The flashcards below were created by user
on FreezingBlue Flashcards.
Where in the mouth does cancer most often dvlp?
- sides and undersurface of the tongue
- floor of the mouth
Most common cancer of the mouth?
- 1- Cancer of the lip
- 2- Cancer of the tongue
What's a general term for an enlarged thyroid gland?
What happens when a goiter is tested for swallow?
lower border of goiter rises and looks less symmetrical.
What are the signs of thyroid dysfunction? ( Hyperthyroidism/ Hypothyroidism)
- - tachycardia /atrial fibrillation
- - inc systolic P, dec diatolic P,
- - moist, warm, smooth skin
- - Tremor and proximal muscle weakness
- - w/ Grave's disease: stare, lid lag, exophthalmos
- - Hypo
- dec systolic and inc diastolic
- intensity of HS dec
- dry, coarse, cool skin w/ edema and loss of hair. - can also be yellowish from carotene
- impaired memory, mixed hearing loss, somnolence, peripheral neuropathy, carpal tunnel syndrome
- periorbital puffiness
What are the symptoms of thyroid dysfunction? ( Hyper/Hypo)
- wt loss, inc in appetite
- excessive sweating and heat intolerance
- frequent bowel mvts
- muscular weakness of the proximal type and tremor
- Hypo:fatigue, lethargy
- modest wt gain w/ anorexia
- dry, coars skin and cold intolerance
- swelling of the face, legs and hands
- weakness, muscle cramps, anthralgias, paresthesias, impaired memory or hearing.
SS and T for angular cheilosis?
- painful macerated fissured eroded encrusted
- ofetn leads to 2ndary infection with Candida
- often colonized by yeast
- Treat with antifungal